There is a new update on Jonathan Gresham following his heated exchange with Tony Khan at ROH Death Before Dishonor.
Reports circulated over the weekend that Jonathan Gresham asked for his release from AEW and ROH after “cussing out” Tony Khan ahead of dropping the ROH World Championship to Claudio Castagnoli at the Death Before Dishonor event.
A new update from Fightful Select (subscription required) reveals that those within AEW were happy with how the match between Gresham and Castagnoli came off.
Many also respected the professionalism of Gresham continuing with the match.
There has been no confirmation of the release request being granted.
Fightful also learned of “at least three companies” being interested in Gresham prior to his signing with AEW and ROH, but it was also said the immediate feelings were that he was done with wrestling for a while.
Many of his co-workers believe that Gresham loves wrestling too much for that to be a reality though.
The report also notes that they haven’t heard of any connection between Jonathan Gresham and Tully Blanchard leaving and haven’t heard any indication that either one of the two were attached to their on-screen pairing.
We will have further updates on Jonathan Gresham when they become available.
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- Major New Match Made For AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown