An update has emerged on Karl Anderson’s NJPW future, amid uncertainty regarding the fate of the NEVER Openweight Championship.
Anderson won the NEVER Openweight Title from Tama Tonga at NJPW Dominion on June 12. The star began to appear for NJPW more after becoming a free agent, following Anderson and Luke Gallows’ IMPACT contracts expiring in September.
Following the announcement that Anderson would be defending his gold against Hikuleo at Battle Autumn on November 5, Anderson and Gallows made their WWE returns on the October 10 edition of Raw.
WWE then announced that Anderson, Gallows and AJ Styles will face the Judgment Day at WWE Crown Jewel, also on November 5.
In a new statement issued by NJPW, it was noted that if Anderson misses his upcoming title defence, he will be stripped of the NEVER Openweight Title. Anderson responded to the statement by stating that he has no plans to relinquish the gold.
Per Fightful Select, there always have been, and still are, active plans for Karl Anderson to compete in NJPW. NJPW reportedly expects Anderson to wrestle more dates, and WWE is okay with this, according to the report.
It was noted that NJPW have been aware of Anderson & Gallows’ plans to return to WWE as far back as August. Sources have indicated to Fightful that ‘things are fine’ between all parties.
Anderson last wrestled on the October 24 edition of Raw, losing to Finn Balor in singles action.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut