The year 2022 has been a rather confusing one for Lacey Evans. Returning to WWE back in May after leaving on maternity leave back in February 2021.
The story of Lacey Evans’ year goes like this. Vignettes portraying her as a babyface began airing on SmackDown, hyping her return to the brand as a babyface.
Lacey was then internally moved to the Raw roster, and also moved to the heel side of the roster. She was then moved BACK to SmackDown internally, and listed as a heel.
Lacey then redebuted as a babyface for a few weeks, before turning heel at the expense of Aliyah, and we haven’t seen her on the show since Triple H took over creative.
Got all that? Good.
Lacey was originally set to face off with Aliyah in a match to end their short feud, but she was pulled from the match due to not being medically cleared, with Shotzi replacing her.
When a fan asked on Twitter what happened to Lacey in recent weeks, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful simply responded:
“Medically sidelined” was the phrase WWE gave me when I asked
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?