A new report has revealed the latest update on Mercedes Mone’s NJPW contract status.
At STARDOM All Star Grand Queendom, Mayu Iwatani defeated Mercedes Mone to win the IWGP Women’s Championship.
Since her loss, there has been conflicting reports regarding Mone’s contract status with NJPW and STARDOM.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided the latest update, noting that Mercedes Mone is on a per appearance deal with NJPW and STARDOM.
Despite this deal, the former IWGP Women’s Champion is committed to work with New Japan through their upcoming Resurgence event in Long Beach, California on May 21.
At the Resurgence show, Mone is scheduled to compete in a one-night tournament to determine the first NJPW STRONG Women’s Champion. Mercedes will face CMLL’s Stephanie Vaquer, while STARDOM’s Momo Kohgo will go one-on-one with AEW’s Willow Nightingale.
The winners of both matches will meet on the same night to crown the inaugural champion.
As previously reported, Mercedes Mone was not scheduled for further dates with NJPW and STARDOM following the Resurgence event.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips