An update has now emerged on Naomi’s WWE status, following reports about Sasha Banks’ relationship with NJPW.
Following initial report that Sasha Banks is expected to appear at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, it has since been revealed that Banks has verbally agreed to a new deal with NJPW, and isn’t expected to return to WWE.
Banks hasn’t appeared for WWE since she and her tag partner Naomi walked out on the May 16 Raw taping.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Naomi originally wanted to return to WWE with Sasha Banks.
Discussing the current situation, Meltzer said:
“Regarding Trinity Fatu (Naomi), who left with Banks and nothing has been said about her, we were told that she has to make a decision.
“Originally she wanted to come back with Banks as a tag team and was told her decision would be to sit at home, to go elsewhere (her contract was about to expire when she left although they could freeze it and force her back for a very short period of time, but that really wouldn’t make sense) or to return without Banks.”
The real reason why contract talks stalled between Sasha Banks and WWE has now been revealed.
Details on Banks’ proposed NJPW deal can be found at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Backstage Frustrations With Ronda Rousey Vs Liv Morgan Match Revealed