Adam Cole’s WWE contract officially expired on Friday (August 27) following his loss to Kyle O’Reilly at NXT Takeover 36.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided a major update on Cole’s situation. Fightful has spoken to WWE sources, who have confirmed that Cole has not re-signed with the company, and is 100% a free agent right now.
WWE sources indicated that Cole is expected to field offers, and that he was not present at SmackDown on Friday, and was not meeting with Vince McMahon, which many had suspected when he cancelled his Twitch stream.
As per PWInsider, WWE issued a memo internally this morning through email, noting that Adam Cole was no longer with the company.
Fightful will continue to gain more information on Cole’s contract talks, and we will keep you updated.
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?