There is another update on a pair of AEW stars being contacted by WWE.
Over the past few weeks, there has been more and more rumors circulating regarding AEW talent that were contacted by WWE following Triple H taking over the roles of EVP of Talent Relations and Head of Creative.
It was previously revealed that WWE had contacted former AEW World Tag Team Champion Swerve Strickland and ROH World Tag Team Champions FTR.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update on AEW stars being contacted by WWE, stating that Swerve Strickland referred WWE to his attorney upon being contacted and had no interest in returning to the company at the time.
However, the report notes that Keith Lee has not been contacted by WWE as of yet.
It was also noted the indication was that Strickland was contacted as part of the reformed Hit Row stable with Top Dolla, Ashante Thee Adonis and B-Fab.
The trio returned to WWE on the August 12 edition of SmackDown.
Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee, collectively known as Swerve In Our Glory, lost the AEW World Tag Team Championships to The Acclaimed on the September 21 Grand Slam edition of AEW Dynamite.
We will have further updates on AEW stars being contacted by WWE when they become available.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW