There is another update on a pair of AEW stars being contacted by WWE.
Over the past few weeks, there has been more and more rumors circulating regarding AEW talent that were contacted by WWE following Triple H taking over the roles of EVP of Talent Relations and Head of Creative.
It was previously revealed that WWE had contacted former AEW World Tag Team Champion Swerve Strickland and ROH World Tag Team Champions FTR.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update on AEW stars being contacted by WWE, stating that Swerve Strickland referred WWE to his attorney upon being contacted and had no interest in returning to the company at the time.
However, the report notes that Keith Lee has not been contacted by WWE as of yet.
It was also noted the indication was that Strickland was contacted as part of the reformed Hit Row stable with Top Dolla, Ashante Thee Adonis and B-Fab.
The trio returned to WWE on the August 12 edition of SmackDown.
Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee, collectively known as Swerve In Our Glory, lost the AEW World Tag Team Championships to The Acclaimed on the September 21 Grand Slam edition of AEW Dynamite.
We will have further updates on AEW stars being contacted by WWE when they become available.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed