Last night on 205 Live, Akira Tozawa was bested by Tony Nese. As a result of winning the match, Nese earned the right to face the new Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak in a title match at Extreme Rules next month.
Shortly after midnight last night, Toazawa tweeted “DONE”. This sparked some speculation that he was done with the company.
These rumours were intensified when it emerged that he signed his first WWE contract this time three years ago. The former Cruiserweight Champion has since deleted the tweet.
However, POST Wrestling‘s John Pollock has since reported that the Japanese wrestler is not leaving WWE and has “plenty of time left on his current deal”.
Akira Tozawa is not leaving WWE. Told he has plenty of time left on his current deal.
— John Pollock (@iamjohnpollock) June 26, 2019
This comes after WWE has managed to re-sign Mike and Maria Kanellis, Mojo Rawley and Jinder Mahal to new five-year contracts.
Buy WrestleTalk’s Almanac Volume 2 from this link.
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam