Last night at the Royal Rumble, Edge returned to the ring for the first time in nearly nine years. He lasted a very respectable 24 minutes in the match before being eliminated by the eventual runner-up Roman Reigns.
Many fans initially thought this might be a one-off appearance for Edge, but it seems like we are going to be seeing the Rated-R Superstar a little more regularly on WWE TV.
It emerged after the Royal Rumble that Edge has signed a new three-year deal with WWE that will see him earn “significant money”.
Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed this report and added that while Edge won’t be working a full-time schedule, he will be wrestling a few times a year, likely at WWE’s big shows.
“We’re told Edge’s new WWE multi-year contract calls for him to take part in a few matches a year and a number of appearances on WWE TV”
Based on this report, I think we can expect to see Edge compete at the likes of Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and of course WrestleMania, as well as WWE’s Saudi Arabia shows.
With regards to how Vince McMahon plans on using the former World Heavyweight and WWE Champion at WrestleMania, the report states that Edge will likely be featured on Raw and face a star from the red brand.
This would certainly make sense, as it has been reported that while WWE is unclear on the majority of the WrestleMania card, they have planned Edge to go one-on-one with Randy Orton.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW