There has been conflicting reports regarding a potential name change for one of AEW’s rising stars this month.
Ahead of his grudge match with Christian Cage at AEW All Out, Jungle Boy and Christian had a sit down interview in which Jungle Boy claimed that Christian wouldn’t be wrestling Jungle Boy, he’d he ‘fighting’ Jack Perry.
Jungle Boy was announced as ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry for the match, which ultimately consisted of two moves after Luchasaurus betrayed him and aligned with Christian.
On last night’s AEW Rampage Grand Slam, Jungle Boy wrestled Rey Fenix on the show, picking up the victory. On the show however, he was once again announced as ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry, leading fans to believe that he had officially had his name changed.
However, per Fightful Select (subscription required), Jungle Boy is still listed as simply Jungle Boy internally in AEW, and not as Jack Perry.
Christian Cage made his first AEW appearance since All Out on the show, when he confronted Jungle Boy on the show, before ordering Luchasaurus to attack him once again.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- More WWE Stars Released
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023