There has been conflicting reports regarding a potential name change for one of AEW’s rising stars this month.
Ahead of his grudge match with Christian Cage at AEW All Out, Jungle Boy and Christian had a sit down interview in which Jungle Boy claimed that Christian wouldn’t be wrestling Jungle Boy, he’d he ‘fighting’ Jack Perry.
Jungle Boy was announced as ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry for the match, which ultimately consisted of two moves after Luchasaurus betrayed him and aligned with Christian.
On last night’s AEW Rampage Grand Slam, Jungle Boy wrestled Rey Fenix on the show, picking up the victory. On the show however, he was once again announced as ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry, leading fans to believe that he had officially had his name changed.
However, per Fightful Select (subscription required), Jungle Boy is still listed as simply Jungle Boy internally in AEW, and not as Jack Perry.
Christian Cage made his first AEW appearance since All Out on the show, when he confronted Jungle Boy on the show, before ordering Luchasaurus to attack him once again.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership