There is an update on MJF’s AEW contract situation with the reaction from the locker room after news of his frustration with his deal.
As previously mentioned, Fightful Select reported that MJF remains frustrated with his current deal with All Elite Wrestling and is leaning towards not resigning with the company when his contract expires in 2024.
According to Will Washington on Fightful’s Grapsody Podcast, a source in AEW says there aren’t many people in the locker room on Maxwell Jacob Friedman’s side in this situation.
The source said:
“Changing the terms of an existing deal would set a horrible precedent.”
It seems like Tony Khan doesn’t have an issue giving the star a raise, but he wants to do so with an extension of his current deal, while MJF doesn’t want to extend and wants his free agency in 2024.
You can see the clip from Grapsody here:
So Tony Khan doesn’t have an issue giving MJF a raise, however he’s asking MJF to sign for more years to get the raise and MJF doesn’t want to. Will Washington says that the AEW lockeroom is not on MJF’s side on this situation and if he wants more money he needs to sign on longer pic.twitter.com/IfuNDTNNZt
— Big AO 🥷🏿 (@KXNGAO) May 15, 2022
We will have further information on this ongoing story when they become available.
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts – June 29, 2022
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’