On the 12/23 episode of Raw last month, NXT star Chelsea Green (formerly Laurel Van Ness in Impact Wrestling) made her main roster debut in a losing effort to Charlotte Flair.
The week prior, Chelsea Green’s tag team partner in NXT Deonna Purrazzo made her in-ring debut on Raw against former NXT Women’s Champion Asuka.
It was originally believed that the call-ups, in typical WWE fashion, were decided very late on the day of the show.
However, it has now been reported by Fightful Select that both Purrazzo and Green were both told they’d be appearing on the show a few days before
“Deonna Purrazzo and Chelsea Green’s appearances on Raw were not last minute decisions, as they were informed days ahead.”
There is no word on why WWE decided to give the spot to Purrazzo and Green instead of an underutilised Raw star like Sarah Logan, but I was actually quite impressed with the showing that both received in defeat.
There is no word on if WWE is planning on continuing to use the duo on the main roster, despite Chelsea Green appearing on Main Event this week. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on that.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other