According to PWInsider, the surprise appearance of Rey Mysterio in the 2018 Royal Rumble match was a one-shot deal, and Mysterio has not signed with the promotion.
The agreement for a one-time appearance was reportedly signed off on within the past week. WWE and Mysterio have reportedly had talks over the past year, with the company wanting Mysterio back full-time, while 43-year-old Mysterio would prefer to work a lighter schedule. Impact Wrestling has also been in talks with Mysterio for some time as well.
- Former WWE Star Considering Return As Transgender Wrestler?
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress