It was announced earlier today that WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, he will be unable to main event tonight’s episode of WWE Raw with Randy Orton as previously planned.
Now, the highly reputable WrestleVotes Twitter account is reporting that WWE is looking to replace McIntyre rather than scrap the main event as a whole. Here is the tweet:
Source – with Drew McIntyre out, WWE is keeping Randy Orton in tonight’s main event and are working on finding a suitable replacement to match up against the College Football Championship Game.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) January 11, 2021
“Source – with Drew McIntyre out, WWE is keeping Randy Orton in tonight’s main event and are working on finding a suitable replacement to match up against the College Football Championship Game.”
Who Randy Orton’s opponent will be tonight has not yet been revealed.
It was also announced earlier today that Drew McIntyre would appear on the show to address testing positive. Few other details about the show have been given.
Last week on Raw, WWE began the build toward Goldberg challenging Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. It remains to be seen how they will advance that story with McIntyre in quarantine for the next two weeks.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut