Anything WWE can do, AEW can do a year later at a slightly smaller stadium.
AEW stars and management have teased for some time that the plan is for the promotion to do a big show in the UK, and the location for the show has always been pretty much set in stone.
AEW President Tony Khan’s family also owns Premier League football (soccer) team Fulham FC, whose stadium can hold around 25,000 people at present.
Writing in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted the plan is still for AEW to visit the UK, and to do a show at Fulham’s Craven Cottage stadium in London.
Right now it still looks like next summer at the earliest for a U.K. debut at Craven Cottage, the home of Fulham.
Given how young the promotion still is, it’s not that surprising AEW hasn’t run shows outside of North America, but given how successful WWE’s recent Clash at the Castle show was, it’s also not surprising to hear how keen AEW is to run a show in the same market.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite