Anything WWE can do, AEW can do a year later at a slightly smaller stadium.
AEW stars and management have teased for some time that the plan is for the promotion to do a big show in the UK, and the location for the show has always been pretty much set in stone.
AEW President Tony Khan’s family also owns Premier League football (soccer) team Fulham FC, whose stadium can hold around 25,000 people at present.
Writing in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted the plan is still for AEW to visit the UK, and to do a show at Fulham’s Craven Cottage stadium in London.
Right now it still looks like next summer at the earliest for a U.K. debut at Craven Cottage, the home of Fulham.
Given how young the promotion still is, it’s not that surprising AEW hasn’t run shows outside of North America, but given how successful WWE’s recent Clash at the Castle show was, it’s also not surprising to hear how keen AEW is to run a show in the same market.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- OUT NOW – WrestleTalk’s ‘Wrestling Unmasked’: Ripping The Mask Off The Crime, Politics And Intrigue Beyond The Ring