Kane returned to WWE on the 01/17 episode of Friday Night SmackDown. Before being confronted by The Fiend, Kane cut a promo on how he was the most dominant superstar in Royal Rumble history with regards to eliminations.
As a result, many fans speculated that Kane was going to be part of the Royal Rumble match. However, the former World Heavyweight Champion was nowhere to be seen on last night’s show.
According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE never had any plans to put Kane in the men’s Royal Rumble match, making his return promo just over a week ago all the more confusing.
While we didn’t get an appearance from Kane, fans in Houston were treated to the surprise return of one of “The Big Red Machine’s” former rivals, Edge.
With regards to Kane, some have speculated that he is going to be facing The Fiend in a marquee match at WWE Super ShowDown which will take place from Saudi Arabia on 02/27.
Meltzer did not comment on those reports, so we may have to wait until Friday Night SmackDown later on this week to find out what the future holds for Kane.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed