It was rumoured earlier today that former MLW, PWG, wXw and EVOLVE star Timothy Thatcher was at the WWE Performance Center yesterday along with the other new recruits.
While WWE has yet to confirm this, it was believed that former EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher had signed with the company.
Well, now PWInsider has confirmed that WWE has agreed a deal to sign Thatcher to a contract. While there is no word on how long the deal is for, Thatcher has signed a developmental contract.
Speaking on the matter, Mike Johnson also noted that Thatcher has been on WWE’s radar for some time and even turned down approaches from the company before:
“Timothy Thatcher is currently at the WWE Performance Center and has signed a WWE developmental deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Thatcher started with the company this week.
“Thatcher, 36, has long been a talent that WWE has been interested in but had previously turned down overtures from the company. William Regal and Canyon Cemen had both had Thatcher on their radar in recent years.”
There is no word on if Thatcher will be joining NXT in America or possibly reuniting with former Ringkampf stablemates WALTER and Marcel Barthel in NXT UK.
For the latest on WWE’s plans for the immensely talented worker, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run
- Former WWE Name Shoots Down Hulk Hogan’s Potential WWE In-Ring Return