Last night to kick off the Royal Rumble pay-per-view’s main show, Roman Reigns defeated King Corbin in what was an undeniably fun Falls Count Anywhere match.
Roman then advanced to the men’s Royal Rumble at the end of the show, a match that he was very much the favourite to win.
It has been reported that WWE was planning on having Roman Reigns go one-on-one with The Fiend at WrestleMania 36, so many people expected “The Big Dog” to win the Royal Rumble for the second time in his career.
However, to the surprise of much of the crowd, it was Drew McIntyre that lasted eliminated Reigns to become the 2020 men’s Royal Rumble match-winner. He will likely go on to WrestleMania to face Brock Lesnar.
It has been reported that Roman Reigns was actually planned to win the match by WWE higher-ups, but fan support for the newly babyface Drew McIntyre caused the company to change their plans.
With regards to WWE’s plans for Roman Reigns moving forward, Dave Meltzer is reporting on the Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is still going to have Roman face The Fiend at WrestleMania.
There is currently no word on how WWE is going to book the match, but some have speculated that Roman may earn the shot by winning a SmackDown Elimination Chamber match in March.
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing