Vince McMahon has found himself sneaking back into WWE creative since his return to the company back in January.
In recent weeks, Vince has been making late changes to the scripts for Raw and SmackDown, which has led to many people within the company growing frustrated.
There has also reportedly been attempts from the company to prevent Vince from making changes, which includes announcing matches for shows weeks in advance.
One of the most recent major changes Vince made happened on the June 19 Raw show in Cleveland, where a planned World Heavyweight Championship Open Challenge from Seth Rollins was scrapped.
We now know that the original plan saw Rollins take on a returning Tommaso Ciampa, which was cut for a segment of Rollins being attacked by Finn Balor, and Ciampa defeating The Miz.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), the cancelled match between Rollins and Ciampa was not set to receive much time, and would have ended in a no contest.
Rollins would defend the title the following night against Bron Breakker on night one of NXT Gold Rush.
He is set to defend the title against Finn Balor at WWE Money In The Bank in London this Saturday.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future