An update has emerged on the reason for WWE postponing the finals of the RK-Bro-nament, which was originally scheduled for this week’s WWE Raw.
Ahead of Monday’s show, it was announced that match between The Street Profits vs The Mysterios had been pushed back due to injuries suffered on both teams. The details on the injuries, along with who suffered them, were not mentioned.
On a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated that a legitimate issue with Montez Ford prevented the match from going ahead, noting:
“Something’s up with Ford. I don’t know what it is. They said that both teams were injured…For whatever it is, there’s something with Ford and I don’t know if there’s something with Rey or Dominik. For sure there’s something with Ford so they couldn’t do the match. I don’t know if it’s injury, illness, whatever. Legit, they couldn’t do that match.”
WrestlingNews.co has confirmed that Angelo Dawkins wrestled singles matches against AJ Styles at house shows over the weekend. It was also noted that Rey and Dominik were not in action during these events.
The finals of the RK-Bro-Nament will now take place on the December 27 edition of Raw.
We will provide further updates on The Street Profits and The Mysterios as they become available.
Quote via WrestlingNew.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18