An update has emerged on ticket sales for the upcoming edition of WWE Raw, set to feature John Cena.
The 16-time World Champion will make his WWE return on the June 27 show, exactly 20 years after his first ‘official’ WWE match against Kurt Angle on SmackDown.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the show was around 700 seats short of selling out at the time of writing. Noting that the number of tickets shifted has almost doubled since Cema was announced for the show, Dave Meltzer wrote:
“If there’s any question over who is the biggest arena draw in wrestling, it’s been answered. The show in Laredo, TX for Cena’s return had 3,726 tickets out when Cena was announced a few weeks ago. It is now at 6,943 and is about 700 shy of a sellout and with the walk-up since Laredo is a strong walk-up market, it should sell out legit, which non-PPV shows rarely do these days”
John Cena and US Champion Theory have teased a feud ahead of Cena’s return, with WWE’s official social media accounts recently sharing a tease.
Cena last wrestled on WWE TV at SummerSlam 2021, losing to Roman Reigns in the show’s main event.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release