Many people will argue that the days during which Triple H was in charge of NXT were the golden days of NXT, so when news broke that he had visited the WWE Performance Center and was telling people he “was back”, a lot of people got quite excited.
However, since then a few reports have been published to suggest being “back” wasn’t as exciting as it may first have seemed, and now a new report from Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter suggests all Triple H really meant was that he’s back in the office. Basically, he’s turned off his “out of office” automatic email replies.
It appears that when Paul Levesque was talking to the folks at NXT and said he was back, and nobody knew what that meant, it appeared just to mean he’s back working in the office. He has not been doing anything direct with NXT, which is still being run by Shawn Michaels with a small creative staff for television. Levesque has not been at the Tuesday night tapings.
Even so, it’s great to see him back at work in any capacity given the very serious health scare he had last year, which he admitted nearly killed him in an interview.
His wife, Stephanie McMahon, is the current interim CEO of WWE, so perhaps she can get her husband back in the role that everyone wants him to be in.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- WWE Star Addresses Wrestling Future & Potential Retirement Plans
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened