An update has emerged on Vince McMahon’s plans for Max Dupri on the WWE main roster, revealing a change made by the WWE Chairman.
Dupri, fka NXT star LA Knight, made his SmackDown TV debut on last week’s show, introduced as the CEO of ‘Maximum Male Models’.
Dupri had been appearing in dark segments during recent SmackDown tapings under his old moniker, promoting his new faction, at the time called ‘Knight Model Management’ featuring Mansoor and Mace.
Per WrestlingNews.co, these segments were for Vince McMahon to take a look at Dupri in this role.
The report also noted that as of last Friday, the plan was not for Mansoor and Mace to join Maximum Male Models, despite their affiliation with Knight Model Management. At one point the plan was to reintroduce them to SmackDown TV as heels, but McMahon has changed his mind on the idea.
While it is currently unknown who is planned for the stable’s line-up, the report stated that other wrestlers are still being considered, with a pitch for a female star to join the group a few weeks ago, before the name change.
WWE has since filed to trademark the name Maximum Male Models, so this plan could now be nixed.
Stay up to date with every WWE trademark filing of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts – June 29, 2022
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’