There has been another update concerning the tapings for next Sunday’s WWE Backlash pay-per-view, which will not be entirely live.
Taping for the June 14 pay-per-view took place yesterday ahead of NXT TakeOver: In Your House, and Dave Meltzer has revealed on Wrestling Observer Radio that one specific match that was taped was Edge vs Randy Orton as WWE is keen to deliver on the ‘Greatest Wrestling Match Ever’ tagline for the bout.
Meltzer said he heard the match was great they genuinely set out to have the best match they could.
We exclusively reported earlier today that the WWE Championship match between Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley was not taped yesterday. With that said though, it is possible it could be taped at some point over the next few days as the company will be recording upcoming episodes of Raw, SmackDown and NXT.
Money in the Bank on May 10 was partly live and partly pre-taped, so we’ll probably be in for something similar this weekend.
Among the matches taped for Money in the Bank were obviously the corporate ladder match, as well as the Universal Championship match between Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt, which had to be taped and edited to add special effects.
Fightful Select previously noted that there’s no word yet on whether or not WWE will be utilising cinematic elements at Backlash.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing