Two major former NJPW names have been free agents for the past few months, with both Jay White and Kota Ibushi leaving the company.
Since both men have become free agents, there has been a lot of speculation about both men signing with either WWE or AEW in the near future.
WWE has previously been reported to be ‘confident’ in signing White, and there has been an update on how WWE feels about being able to land both men.
Speaking to GiveMeSport, WrestleVotes noted that WWE are growing more confident they will sign Jay White the longer he doesn’t show up in AEW.
I heard recently from a source that the longer that Jay White doesn’t show up in Jacksonville, the more confident WWE is.
As for Ibushi, the chances of him showing up in WWE are a lot less high, as the belief within the company is that Ibushi has little interest in signing a full-time contract, whether it be WWE or AEW.
There have been a lot of speculation about White debuting in WWE on the Raw after WrestleMania, but with time running low, it’s possible the deal to bring him in might not be finished by then.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn