Here’s the latest update on the state of WWE morale following the April 7 episode of SmackDown, with Vince McMahon not present.
Morale backstage took a major hit at the Raw after WrestleMania 39 when McMahon took over running the show creatively and was making changes right before – and even during – the show.
Essentially, things went back to the way they were before he left, and talent had much preferred how things were being handled without him.
The big question was whether the Raw after Mania was just a one-off because he already happened to be in LA, or if he would be travelling to every show every week like he used to.
McMahon was NOT backstage at SmackDown, but PWInsider reported he was in meetings remotely, however did not make any major changes to plans.
According to Fightful Select, the lack of McMahon presence led to morale among talent being “significantly improved”.
However, there is still something of a “we’ll see what happens” approach being taken by some, so clearly there’s still not a conclusive answer on how involved McMahon will be going forward.
We will of course keep you updated with all the latest on McMahon’s status going forward.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced