A new report has shed some light on the WWE status of Asuka who has been off WWE TV since the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.
Money in the Bank took place on July 18 meaning Asuka has been out for over a month now, despite reigning as Raw Women’s Champion for 231 days until this past April.
Dave Meltzer reports in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Asuka is fine and she just isn’t in creative plans right now.
She’s said to have been backstage at Raw but leaving the venue early since she’s not being used.
Asuka had been put into a tag team with Naomi after Naomi’s previous tag partner Lana was released by the company in June.
The current women’s programs on Raw are Eva Marie/Doudrop vs Alexa Bliss, Nikki ASH vs Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair over the title, and the breakup of Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings