By Jamal Niaz
Fresh off winning the United States Championship on this week’s Raw, Jeff Hardy’s first title defence has already been announced for the Greatest Royal Rumble.
The now Grand Slam Champion will be defending the belt against former title holder, Jinder Mahal, in a rematch of Monday night’s bout.
It seems unlikely that there is a real chance of ‘The Charasmatic Enigma’ losing the belt on April 27, since he will have only had a reign of just over a week and this would diminish the credibility of the belt massively.
Furthermore, with Jinder now on Raw, Jeff Hardy on Smackdown Live and Seth Rollins keeping the IC title on Monday Night’s, it’s a near certainty that Hardy will be keeping the US Title on the blue brand.
The bout joins a stacked show in Saudi Arabia that includes seven title matches, including a historic 50-man Royal Rumble and competitors such as John Cena and Triple H also in singles action.
Let us know which matches you are most looking forward to at the Greatest Royal Rumble in the comments section below.
- Jeff Hardy
- wwe us title
- superstar shake-up
- greatest royal rumble
- saudi arabia
- Jinder Mahal
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Comments On Wife Beth Phoenix Potentially Joining Him In AEW
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship