A report appears to reveal that USA Network are unhappy following rumors that NXT is returning to a taped format soon.
It was recently reported that after NXT TakeOver 36, NXT will begin pre-taping weekly episodes. As per Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men Podcast, a USA Network contact stated that the network paid for live shows.
Clarifying that his report isn’t confirmation that NXT will be taped, Zarian tweeted:
“Spoke to a contact from USA Network regarding the rumors of NXT going back to a taped show. ‘A taped show is not what we paid for’.”
“Btw this is not a confirmation that NXT is going to being taped. Just what I was told when I asked regarding the rumor”
USA Network was also reportedly disappointed following the recent round of NXT releases, and thought that upcoming changes planned for the brand were negative.
At NXT TakeOver 36, Samoa Joe returns to the ring to challenge Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship. Joe has recently revealed that he did have an in-ring return date set before his WWE release in April.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines
- Fabian Aichner Appears To Be Getting A New Gimmick