A report appears to reveal that USA Network are unhappy following rumors that NXT is returning to a taped format soon.
It was recently reported that after NXT TakeOver 36, NXT will begin pre-taping weekly episodes. As per Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men Podcast, a USA Network contact stated that the network paid for live shows.
Clarifying that his report isn’t confirmation that NXT will be taped, Zarian tweeted:
“Spoke to a contact from USA Network regarding the rumors of NXT going back to a taped show. ‘A taped show is not what we paid for’.”
“Btw this is not a confirmation that NXT is going to being taped. Just what I was told when I asked regarding the rumor”
USA Network was also reportedly disappointed following the recent round of NXT releases, and thought that upcoming changes planned for the brand were negative.
At NXT TakeOver 36, Samoa Joe returns to the ring to challenge Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship. Joe has recently revealed that he did have an in-ring return date set before his WWE release in April.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- CM Punk Reportedly Interested In Feuding With New AEW Star
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed