Velveteen Dream Responds To Accusations Of Videoing NXT Talent In Bathroom Without Consent

Velveteen Dream Responds To Accusations Of Videoing NXT Talent In Bathroom Without Consent Instagram @patrickjr

Patrick Clark, formerly Velveteen Dream in WWE, has issued a response to accusations recently made public by EC3, real name Michael Hutter.

In an interview with Sportskeeda earlier this month, Hutter alleged that, several years ago, during a house party at Hutter’s home, Clark had set up his phone in the bathroom to video fellow NXT talents at the time using said bathroom without their consent.

Clark has now taken to Instagram with a response to the accusation. To clarify, Clark refers to EC3 as “Mike” throughout.

Clark said:

“So let me explain something to everybody. First of all, to everyone who has sent their well wishes and their respects and their love toward me, I just want to say thank you very much, because I love you all and I appreciate you all, and the support means the world to me, and God works in amazing ways.

“Let me tell you this. I’m trying to help my old man out on a computer and I just type in WWE, right? Tell me why… the first thing I see is EC3 has talked to the dirt sheets, I guess since I’m on TMZ now I’m somebody again – EC3 has gone to the dirt sheets saying that, if you haven’t seen it, he had a party at his house one night… and if I’m to be correct, this was about, 2017/2018.

“I’m not gonna tell people who was at this party out of respect for our mutual friends, but one of our mutual friends is a former NXT talent that no longer works for the WWE, and the other person is a current Monday Night Raw talent who used to wrestle (as) talent for NXT.

“Mike, EC3, you go out here after I give you the best match you’ve ever had in your career. You go out here and you… I’m tired of people throwing dirt on my name. You throw this dirt on my name saying that I tried to record you in your bathroom. Let’s be honest Mike, you’re leaving out a lot of details. What were we doing that night, Mike? What type of powder was on the table, Mike?

“Let’s be real, let’s not leave out all the details. We were all drunk – you were pissy drunk because you were in your place. You were damn near passed out in the corner. You and your homegirl, whichever chick you were screwing at the time.

“And the other two people, our mutual friends were there. I left my phone on your bathroom counter, and because you were not sure of my sexuality at the time, because of the character I played on TV, and because we’re not friends in real life at all, you try to accuse me of recording you in your own home.

“So what did I do? I went to our mutual friend who no longer works for the WWE, a former NXT talent, and I showed him my phone and had him go through my photos and videos, and my ‘recently deleted’, just to prove to you and the other person that was there – who, because I respect him and he has a job, I’m not gonna put him out there. I had him prove to you that I was not recording you.

“Cocaine is a hell of a drug, EC3. Get your s**t together, and if anyone would like to go to my friends list right now and check out who follows me, because I’m not following him. EC3 is a follower of mine. I would think, I would really think, that if you thought that much of me – that you couldn’t trust me – you definitely wouldn’t be following me on social media, on Instagram all these years later, EC3. You’re pathetic. Now control that narrative, you asshole.”

If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page

According to PWInsider, court records indicate that payments were made yesterday (September 13) in relation to Clark’s recent arrests, and that’s likely why he’s now been released from jail.

He is scheduled to be arraigned on September 19 after being arrested twice in August. A summary and timeline of Clark’s current legal situation can be found here:

In November 2021, Clark was arrested for possession of cocaine, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, destroying/altering/concealing physical evidence, and having no lamps/illuminating devices in his vehicle.

On April 21, 2022, Clark was sentenced to a 12-month probation period for the November arrest.

On August 20, 2022 – which was four months into his 12-month probation sentence – Clark was arrested for trespassing on property after a warning, and first degree battery. TMZ revealed the police documents on this arrest alleged that Clark had bitten, punched and threatened to kill a gym employee at Club Orlando when the employee had asked him to leave.

On August 22, 2022, current WWE talent Tehuti Miles (Ashante ‘Thee’ Adonis of Hit Row) put up $1,200 in bond money to bail Clark out of jail.

On August 26, 2022, Clark was arrested again due to a warrant being triggered because the August 20 arrest took place during his probation period from the November arrest.

On August 30, 2022, Clark was transferred from Orange County Jail to the Seminole County Sherriff’s Department.

On September 13, 2022, payments were made related to the case and Clark was soon released from incarceration.

Clark is set to be arraigned at 1:30pm ET on September 19, 2022.

WWE management have been reported as saying that Clark will “never be back” with the company.

We’ll of course keep you updated on the story as more details emerge. All further updates can be found at this link.

Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!

1 year ago by Liam Winnard

Trending

JOIN THE WrestleTalk logo mailing list

Get the latest wrestling news straight to your inbox

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from WrestleTalk