NXT Superstar Velveteen Dream will wrestle at EVOLVE on Sept. 7th in Joppa, MD and Sept. 8th in Queens, NY. His opponents will be announced soon at https://t.co/Qmj9BTL7XJ. Tickets available at: https://t.co/zHiIkcVF6J
— EVOLVE Wrestling (@WWNEVOLVE) August 30, 2018
Just one of a number of current WWE stars to appear for the promotion, the popular talent will battle Austin Theory (112) and Finn Balor tribute act Darby Allin (113). Gabe Sapolsky, EVOLVE owner and NXT advisor has quashed rumors that his appearances are punishment for wearing tights saying ‘Call me up Vince’ at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV.
EVOLVE and WWE have a solid working relationship that allows NXT stars to appear on indie shows, and sign top talent from the company such as Matt Riddle. Velveteen Dream isn’t the first NXT talent to appear for company. Adam Cole defended his NXT North American Championship against Walter at EVOLVE 107.
- Another Big Sign Released Star Returning To WWE
- Several WWE Stars Pulled From Indie Event
- Kazuchika Okada & Jay White Announced For Trios Bout Ahead Of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- AEW Star Wishes CM Punk & The Elite Situation ‘Didn’t Happen’
- Top NJPW Star Explains Why Co-Promotional Event With STARDOM Should Happen ‘Every Once In A While’
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Latest On Sasha Banks WWE Contract Negotiations