Vickie Guerrero has confirmed that there has been talk about AEW’s UK debut, discussing the current plan for AEW’s first UK show.
In July, Jim Ross stated that AEW ‘definitely’ has plans to visit the UK soon. Now that the world is opening up again, AEW has started to announce more international shows, with the promotion set to visit Canada in October.
Speaking on Captain’s Corner, Guerrero confirmed that there have been internal discussions about AEW holding tapings in London. Guerrero said:
“There is talk of us going to London. We’re going to be in Canada pretty soon, so we’ll be in Toronto. So, I think with the world opening up and Tony Khan working on some overseas dates, can’t wait to get back to London.”
AEW President Tony Khan has previously hinted that he plans to host AEW events at Craven Cottage, the home ground of Fulham Football Club, the club owned by him and his father, Shahid Khan.
On October 12 and 13, AEW will hold tapings for Dynamite and Rampage respectively at the Coca-Cola Coliseum in Toronto, Canada.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Freddie Prinze Jr Confirms He Made Bray Wyatt An Offer For Wrestling Promotion
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Discusses The Acclaimed & National Scissoring Day
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard