Vickie Guerrero has confirmed that there has been talk about AEW’s UK debut, discussing the current plan for AEW’s first UK show.
In July, Jim Ross stated that AEW ‘definitely’ has plans to visit the UK soon. Now that the world is opening up again, AEW has started to announce more international shows, with the promotion set to visit Canada in October.
Speaking on Captain’s Corner, Guerrero confirmed that there have been internal discussions about AEW holding tapings in London. Guerrero said:
“There is talk of us going to London. We’re going to be in Canada pretty soon, so we’ll be in Toronto. So, I think with the world opening up and Tony Khan working on some overseas dates, can’t wait to get back to London.”
AEW President Tony Khan has previously hinted that he plans to host AEW events at Craven Cottage, the home ground of Fulham Football Club, the club owned by him and his father, Shahid Khan.
On October 12 and 13, AEW will hold tapings for Dynamite and Rampage respectively at the Coca-Cola Coliseum in Toronto, Canada.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- Top WWE Star Teases First Ever Match With CM Punk