Vickie Benson (Vickie Guerrero) has shared a statement addressing recent allegations that were made by her daughter Sherilyn Guerrero.
Sherilyn recently alleged that her stepfather Kris Benson (Vickie’s husband) had sexually assaulted Sherilyn on a cruise in 2020, and that Vickie had chosen Kris over her and abandoned her.
Vickie initially issued a response on Instagram but deleted it, and now she’s posted a new one, written by her attorney on her and Kris’ behalf.
The new statement is as follows:
April 12, 2023
Kris and Vickie Benson Respond to Sherilyn Guerrero’s Recent Allegations
Kris and Vickie Benson vehemently deny Sherilyn Guerrero’s recent allegations of sexual assault and abandonment.
Ms. Guerrero’s unsubstantiated accusations have caused the Bensons to suffer public ridicule, scorn, derision, and humiliation.
Kris and Vickie fully appreciate the seriousness of allegations of this nature and the need for public support of sexual assault survivors; however, they ask that you withhold final judgment on this matter until they have an opportunity to bring Ms. Guerrero and her claims into a court of law where judgment is based on facts and merit.
Attorney for Kris and Vicki Benson
EaDo Law, PLLC
Houston, Texas (713) 424-6653
Soon after the allegations were made, Vickie was removed from AEW’s official roster page on its website.
Her contract with the promotion was due to expire in July and she’d already said she wouldn’t be re-signing.
We will keep you informed with any further updates.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win