Here’s what happened after WWE Royal Rumble 2023 went off the air, following the devastating Bloodline segment.
In the main event of the January 28 show, Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens to retain his Undisputed WWE Universal Title.
While the Bloodline were beating Owens down after the bout, Sami Zayn turned on Roman Reigns, striking the Tribal Chief with a steel chair.
Following Zayn’s turn, Jey Uso left the ring, conflicted, while Jimmy Uso, Solo Sikoa and Reigns brutalized Zayn.
The premium live event went off the air with the Bloodline heading to the back, with Kevin Owens handcuffed to the top rope, and Sami Zayn laid out in the center of the ring.
Fans at home might’ve assumed that after the cameras stopped rolling, Owens and Zayn had a big reunion, but this storyline is more subtle than that.
Videos have now emerged from inside the arena showing that after Owens was uncuffed, he rolled over to Zayn, who was coming to.
Owens and Zayn shared a moment, looking at one another, before Zayn got to his feet to the applause of the crowd.
Owens notably left the ring at this point, and was carried to the back by ringside officials.
The plan for Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns following Royal Rumble has now been revealed.
You can watch a video clip of Zayn and Owens after the show below.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return