The viewership numbers are in for last night’s (March 25, 2020) episodes of AEW Dynamite on TNT and WWE NXT on the USA Network.
Dynamite drew 819,000 viewers, which is down from last week’s 932,000. Advertised for the show were Cody vs. Jimmy Havoc, Kenny Omega defending the AAA Mega Championship against Sammy Guevara, and Chris Jericho confronting Matt Hardy.
Perhaps interesting to note is that on last week’s show, AEW announced both a lumberjack match with Wardlow vs. Luchasaurus, and a parking lot brawl between Lucha Bros. and Best Friends for last night, neither of which took place.
NXT, on the other hand, rose from 542,000 to 669,000. Promoted for NXT were Roderick Strong vs. Matt Riddle, Triple H to appear, Tyler Breeze vs. Austin Theory, a “special message” from Adam Cole, and two women’s ladder match qualifiers.
Last week’s NXT featured no in-ring action and was mostly made up of video packages and highlights. This week’s featured taped matches, but no spoilers had come out beforehand, so it was basically no different to normal besides the empty arena.
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite