This is an end of an era as the final head-to-head night of NXT and AEW Dynamite is in the books. However, this week is different as WWE broadcasted a free NXT Takeover event. As a result, they won the night in the viewership.
Showbuzz Daily has reported the viewership figures for both shows. AEW Dynamite was down to 688,000 average viewers, while NXT Takeover Stand and Deliver Night One came in at 768,000 average viewers.
They also reported the ratings in the key 18-49 male demographic for both shows. It was here that AEW Dynamite remained ahead of their competition as they garnered a 0.38 rating. Meanwhile, NXT brought in a 0.24 rating.
It should also be noted that NXT was also broadcast on the WWE Network on Peacock. This means their viewership totals are likely significantly higher.
AEW features a major angle to close the show as the Young Bucks turned heel and aligned with Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers.
NXT, on the other hand, produced one of the best shows of the year. The show featured a number of significant matches, including MSK winning the NXT Tag Team Championship and Raquel Gonzalez capturing the NXT Women’s Championship.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed