Earlier on this year, WWE announced that it had come to terms with the immediate releases of Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder, collectively known as The Revival.
While all of the people released by the company on Black Wednesday had 90-day non-compete clauses, The Revival were technically free to work for any promotion the day after their departures from WWE.
It didn’t take The Revival (now FTR) long to find a new home, as the pair debuted on AEW: Dynamite the week after their Double or Nothing match, saving The Young Bucks from an attack at the hands of The Butcher and The Blade.
While speaking to Inside the Ropes, FTR have opened up about their final meeting with Vince McMahon. The pair claim that Vince actually apologised to them during their last meeting with him:
“We talked with Vince. Our last meeting with Vince he apologized because we had been sending all these pitches in and he had never seen them because the writers were too afraid to approach him with different ideas and he apologized for the system being broken.”
FTR are set to face The Lucha Brothers tomorrow at Fight for the Fallen, a meeting that many people have called a ‘dream match’.
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Theory Returns On WWE Raw
- Ezekiel’s Dad ‘Ernie Jr’ Makes Appearance On WWE Raw
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership