Former WWE writer Brian Gewirtz has revealed a bizarre reason why Vince McMahon previously decided to fine Michael Cole.
McMahon and Cole have an odd relationship. There are plenty of odd stories told about interactions between the former WWE CEO and the announcer. Here’s one more.
In his new book ‘There’s Just One Problem…: True Tales from the Former, One-Time, 7th Most Powerful Person in WWE’, Gewirtz recalled McMahon fining Cole for saying ‘now’ at the end of his sentences, writing:
“We all have our personal verbal tics, Announcer Michael Cole used to say ‘now’ at the end of every sentence. ‘Jeff Hardy, into the ropes now…’ Vince took it upon himself to fine Cole every time he ended a sentence with the word ‘now,’ and sure enough Cole stopped doing it.”
Vince McMahon notably stepped away from his positions as CEO and Chairman in June, amid hush pact allegations, before announcing his retirement in late July.
Michael Cole still announces for WWE, under the Triple H regime. The Game acts as the Chief Content Officer of WWE, under co-CEOs Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan.
Via Inside The Ropes.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game