Given that Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins was billed as one of the top matches on the TLC card, it was a shock to see that the crowd, and Vince McMahon, were largely completely uninterested.
Chants of “this is boring” and “Becky” rang throughout the arena, and it’s fair to say that anyone who sat through the 24 minutes match will agree that it was a bit tepid.
It simply didn’t feel like a blood feud, with neither man really using any offence that screamed “I hate you”.
And it’s not just the fans who were less than impressed, as Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Vince McMahon was “furious” with the quality of the match and the fan reaction.
Given that Dean won, you would have to assume that Seth will get his rematch at Royal Rumble or on an episode of Raw leading up to the show.
If reports are to be believed, Seth is set to start a feud with Brock Lesnar heading into WrestleMania 35, and while it is unclear whether this will be for the title given that Brock is facing Braun Strowman at the Royal Rumble, Seth will presumably lose this feud with Ambrose and then move further up the card.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Vince’s displeasure has any consequences going forward.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania