It has recently been reported that Vince McMahon told a former WWE star to consider becoming a producer in the future.
Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins) is currently signed to IMPACT Wrestling. According to one of the most experienced minds in the business, Myers’ talents would be useful in a backstage environment.
In an interview with Fightful Select (subscription required), Myers discussed getting the opportunity to work as a WWE producer while he was injured in 2018.
Claiming that Vince McMahon got Mark Carrano to contact Myers over the role, Myers mainly shadowed other producers, working close with WWE talent.
Myers told McMahon that he still wanted to wrestle once he was cleared for competition. McMahon reportedly told Myers to explore the possibility of producing again, once his in ring career winds down.
Myers would go on to win the Raw Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania 35 in 2019. He was released from WWE in April 2020 during WWE’s COVID-19 pandemic budget cuts.
He returned to IMPACT in July last year. Recently, a former NXT star has been working during the latest IMPACT TV tapings.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match