Ever since the rebrand from NXT to NXT 2.0, several stars have seen themselves undergo gimmick changes to fit in with the new vision of the developmental brand.
One such name is Joe Gacy, who has seen himself become more of a psychotic ‘woke’ cult leader, and the only man who is able to tame his monster Harland.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while it is Shawn Michaels who is in charge of creative for NXT, he has to follow whatever directions come from the top, with Vince having the final say.
McMahon reportedly did step in, wanting the brand to push Joe Gacy, as he believes the character will get the company mainstream publicity.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25