It’s being reported that Vince McMahon “loved” the unscripted John Cena & Roman Reigns segment from this past Friday’s SmackDown.
As reported by Ringside News and confirmed by Dave Meltzer, the segment was unscripted to an extent.
Instead of being given lines like most other talents for most other segments, John Cena wrote his own material, and Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman wrote their own material.
It’s worth noting that, while this is uncommon practice for WWE in general, it’s not necessarily uncommon with Cena and Reigns.
Cena and Reigns & Heyman actually purposely stayed away from each other backstage until the segment, and there was no rehearsal, so neither knew what the other was going to say.
The producer for the segment, Jamie Noble, and the writer, Michael Kirschenbaum, were said to only be there to make sure neither Cena nor Reigns went completely off the rails with what they were going to say, as opposed to telling them what to say.
Ringside News added that people backstage, including Vince McMahon, loved the segment and how far both men took their jabs at each other.
Cena and Reigns are set for a match for Reigns’ Universal Championship this coming Saturday at SummerSlam.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records