It’s being reported that Vince McMahon “loved” the unscripted John Cena & Roman Reigns segment from this past Friday’s SmackDown.
As reported by Ringside News and confirmed by Dave Meltzer, the segment was unscripted to an extent.
Instead of being given lines like most other talents for most other segments, John Cena wrote his own material, and Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman wrote their own material.
It’s worth noting that, while this is uncommon practice for WWE in general, it’s not necessarily uncommon with Cena and Reigns.
Cena and Reigns & Heyman actually purposely stayed away from each other backstage until the segment, and there was no rehearsal, so neither knew what the other was going to say.
The producer for the segment, Jamie Noble, and the writer, Michael Kirschenbaum, were said to only be there to make sure neither Cena nor Reigns went completely off the rails with what they were going to say, as opposed to telling them what to say.
Ringside News added that people backstage, including Vince McMahon, loved the segment and how far both men took their jabs at each other.
Cena and Reigns are set for a match for Reigns’ Universal Championship this coming Saturday at SummerSlam.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice
- WWE Hall Of Famer Pitches Idea For ‘Ironhorse Championship’