It has been reported that Vince McMahon will be involved with production for NXT following the brand’s repackaging.
WWE President Nick Khan has confirmed that NXT will receive a “complete reboot“, with the brand set to return to its developmental roots.
Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live stated that he has heard that the new NXT will be produced by Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard.
Discussing the future of the brand, Alvarez said:
“Like anything, anything can change, anything is possible but I talked a while ago about how we’re gonna have a new NXT. It’s gonna be like the old NXT. I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a Vince McMahon-Bruce Prichard production.”
In addition to the brand overhaul, it was noted that WWE will no longer be scouting independent stars for NXT. Instead, WWE will focus on recruiting “bigger and younger” athletes and teach them how to work.
On August 30, WWE announced the latest line-up of Performance Center recruits. Among the new signees was The Usos’ brother, Joshua Fatu. Gable Steveson’s brother, Bobby Steveson, and Ben Buchanan, son of former WWE star Bull Buchanan, have also joined WWE.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Aliyah Pulled From WWE SmackDown Match
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin To SummerSlam Match
- Viking Raiders Return As Heels With New Look On WWE SmackDown
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- AEW Set To Be Involved With Shark Week, New Gimmick Match Planned
- Tammy Sytch Legal Update