Rick Boogs has said that he was told Vince McMahon enjoyed his antics while WWE was taping shows in the Performance Center in 2020.
Before the introduction of the WWE ThunderDome, episodes of Raw and SmackDown were taped in the Performance Center, with NXT talents acting as the live crowd.
Speaking with Louis Dangoor of GiveMeSport, Rick Boogs recalled using the opportunity to showcase his over-the-top personality, despite his background role.
Boogs also said that he heard that McMahon told higher-ups to let him be himself, noting that it was later expressed to him that his high energy was appreciated during the tapings.
Discussing Vince McMahon’s reaction to him ‘going crazy’, Boogs said:
“So I was like screaming my head off and going crazy. Higher ups are like ‘We’ve got to just tone it down a little bit. Take it back a notch…’ I heard that like Vince (McMahon) was like ‘Nah don’t, just let him just be himself’.
“I got a lot of people, especially like when I got called up and I was in the locker room with everyone on the regular, they all expressed how much they appreciated the high energy.”
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite – May 25, 2022
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines