Rick Boogs has said that he was told Vince McMahon enjoyed his antics while WWE was taping shows in the Performance Center in 2020.
Before the introduction of the WWE ThunderDome, episodes of Raw and SmackDown were taped in the Performance Center, with NXT talents acting as the live crowd.
Speaking with Louis Dangoor of GiveMeSport, Rick Boogs recalled using the opportunity to showcase his over-the-top personality, despite his background role.
Boogs also said that he heard that McMahon told higher-ups to let him be himself, noting that it was later expressed to him that his high energy was appreciated during the tapings.
Discussing Vince McMahon’s reaction to him ‘going crazy’, Boogs said:
“So I was like screaming my head off and going crazy. Higher ups are like ‘We’ve got to just tone it down a little bit. Take it back a notch…’ I heard that like Vince (McMahon) was like ‘Nah don’t, just let him just be himself’.
“I got a lot of people, especially like when I got called up and I was in the locker room with everyone on the regular, they all expressed how much they appreciated the high energy.”
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed