More details have emerged on Vince McMahon’s reaction to Shane McMahon’s WWE departure earlier this year.
Following Royal Rumble in January, reports stated that Shane McMahon had huge backstage heat following the event for ‘attempting to book the Rumble around himself’ and ‘openly burying’ a notable producer.
Shane finished up with WWE soon after, with Vince McMahon reportedly using the term ‘let go’ to describe the situation.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), those close to Vince McMahon noted that the former CEO stated that Shane ‘would never get another pop in this company as long as I’m around.’ The source described Vince’s frustration with Shane as ‘extreme, but justified’, noting that compromising Brock Lesnar’s satisfaction with the Royal Rumble bout was ‘the end of the line’ for Shane.
Vince McMahon notably announced his retirement on July 22. The report noted that since then, people who have worked closely with Vince are more open to speaking on situations like these.
Chairwoman Stephanie McMahon and President Nick Khan have been named co-CEOs of WWE following Vince’s departure.
For everything we currently know about Vince McMahon retiring, click here. You can find further updates and follow-ups on Vince McMahon at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record