In a surprise to nobody who has ever read anything about Vince McMahon, it turns out he wasn’t always a dream to deal with in his creative capacity.
Speaking on Sportskeeda’s SmackTalk, Dutch Mantel (whose most recent run in WWE saw him perform as Zeb Colter) explained:
“I did hear that morale of the writing staff in WWE is much higher now. I guess it’s because they are not getting cussed out by Vince!”
Putting this down to the changes under a Triple H-led creative team, Mantel further elaborated:
“You see Vince, you never know what kind of mood he’s gonna be in. He’s not going to hit anybody, but he had such a mouth, he had such a temper, and I’ve never been on the receiving end of it, but I’ve seen some guys and it’s not fun to watch.”
Mantel had two runs in WWE in on-screen manager roles, from 1994 to 1996 as Uncle Zebekiah and then from 2013 to 2016 as Zeb Colter.
McMahon stepped down from his role as Chairman and CEO of WWE in July amid sexual misconduct allegations, being replaced by Chairwoman and co-CEO Stephanie McMahon, co-CEO Nick Khan, and Chief Content Officer Paul Levesque (Triple H).
Transcript from Thirsty for News
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed