With the XFL set to launch next week, many WWE fans and critics are questioning how the new league will impact Vince McMahon’s involvement in the company.
While it is unclear whether he will lose control of the wrestling organisation, it is clear that he is set to lose a substantial amount of money with the launch of the XFL.
As noted by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon is expected to lose nearly $400 million by bringing back the football league.
Meltzer goes on to note that Vince is actually aware of just how much money he is going to lose, but has a plan regarding how to make it all back:
“The way it’s structured is that Vince is probably gonna lose $375 million on this league and he will and he knows and that’s what he’s gonna do and at the end of those three years the idea is that he will be able to get television deals that will total over $125 million a year which will cover his losses and then he’s okay. You know… there’s a lot of factors involved in that. Again, the ratings are one of them. If he can get… if these stations feel it’s valuable to pay that much. It’s not as long of a shot as everyone thinks.”
As previously noted, it is unclear how Vince’s XFL commitments will impact his involvement in WWE. For the latest news on the matter, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Complete WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament Bracket
- Kevin Owens Brings Back His Vicious Side At The Expense Of Ezekiel
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury