The Usos are arguably one of the greatest teams in the history of WWE, reigning as the longest reigning Tag Team Champions in the company’s history, and main eventing this year’s WrestleMania.
The Usos have had a long career in the company, being almost completely unrecognisable from the team that first debuted on the main roster back in 2010.
Former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr. discussed the team when talking about the Bloodline angle on the most recent Wrestling With Freddie podcast.
Freddie spoke about writing a segment for the two back in 2010, which was rejected.
“I had a segment with them when I worked in the company, just one… I had written them a little bit to see if they could act, and they did great. It wasn’t a lot but it was enough. I submitted the video for approval and it got denied.”
Continuing on, Freddie detailed a conversation he had with Vince McMahon, where McMahon claimed that the Usos ‘weren’t doing good o the mic’.
“So I went to talk to Vince and he was like, ‘They’re not doing good on the mic.’ I was like, ‘They did better than everyone else. I thought they did great, it felt real.’ Then he goes, ‘They weren’t big enough.’ And I go like, ‘Man don’t let them be big, let them, be real. They’re looking out for their cousin. Let this be legit.’ Then he goes, ‘Alright, they can have one line each.’ So it went from this cool little speech that Jey had and Jimmy finished to two lines.”
The Usos are currently key features of WWE television as part of the Bloodline story, with the work of the two men being widely praised.
transcription via SportsKeeda
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’