Vince McMahon wanted the Bullet Club after seeing the popularity of their t-shirts.
After the news of Vince McMahon’s retirement on July 22, a lot of stories about the former WWE Chairman are coming out.
McMahon is not usually known for embracing acts from other promotions, but there seems that there are exceptions to the rule.
Speaking on The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, former WWE star Matt Hardy revealed how Vince McMahon reacted to constantly seeing Bullet Club shirts on wrestling fans at WWE shows.
“When this Bullet Club phenomenon was happening, and they were selling all this merch, I mean, obviously, it was on Vince’s radar. There was one point where Vince said, ‘All these shirts, they keep showing up at our shows, these Bullet Club shirts, who are these people? Who are these people? Where are they from?’ ‘It’s this real hot act. They’re from New Japan; sometimes they come over and do Ring of Honor stuff,’ and Vince said, ‘I want them. I want them all.’”… He got a lot of the Bullet Club, but he didn’t get them all.”
Bullet Club has been one of the most successful and influential stables of the past decade. Various current WWE stars such as Finn Balor, AJ Styles and Cody Rhodes gained popularity in the group.
Meanwhile, AEW also has their fair share of former members with Kenny Omega, Hangman Adam Page and The Young Bucks.
The group is still going strong in NJPW under the leadership of current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White.
As previously noted, reports have revealed more details on how Vince McMahon was filtered by assistants within WWE creative.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title