Someone asked Vince McMahon how he planned to replace the co-presidents:
“I think in terms of changing or reimagining our culture and the way we do business, it’s going to be far more inclusive. Quite frankly, with that, our strong management team currently going forward, attracting world class individuals to our company. Who wouldn’t want to work for WWE? I mean, come on! It’s exciting.”
Sure, who wouldn’t want to work for a company with drastically falling ratings, fired two people who helped land the biggest wrestling TV rights deal in company history, and regularly catches flack for taking money from Saudi Arabia.
Of course, on the positive side, the CEO of the company just planned to re-launch one of the biggest failures of his career with the XFL.
McMahon did thank Wilson and Barrios for their time. However, he did go on to add that WWE wouldn’t miss a beat without the two former co-presidents.
So, I’m sure the resumes are flying in to be Vince McMahon’s right-hand man or woman.
Thanks to Fightful.com for their transcription of the quotes from today’s call.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return